Monday, September 13, 2021

Sept 13 note

It’s a sin that I haven’t updated this blog in a week. But a cardinal sin is interrupting an adventure to write about an adventure. I haven’t had the time to finish a big post. When I have had time, I’m too tired. 

In the interim, I’ll just say that I am in Ionia, Michigan. My two friends survived their 175-mile journey with me and are back at work in metro Detroit. We celebrated properly in Ludington on Friday. My sister and her boyfriend met me the next night for some camping. 

Since then, I spent my time dodging thunderstorms that turn day to dusk. I’m currently camped between the horse stables and the goat stables at the county fairgrounds. I figure I’m safe here because I have a good donut in my panniers, which I can offer the cops if they roll through.

I have perhaps three more days on my bike. I’m not sure if I’ll end in Detroit or somewhere nicer. Detroit is increasingly appearing like an impenetrable suburban wasteland of manic drivers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment